Helping Those Who Help Others
How we do it.
We pursue our mission primarily through activities tied to our Revenue Matrix tool and related activities and processes. The Matrix is a tool that helps nonprofits identify and evaluate desirable revenue streams. We describe the Matrix more thoroughly in our Tools section.
We engage nonprofits using the Matrix tool in several formats:
- Through teaching and training, we empower nonprofits to effectively use our tools, knowledge and processes.
- Through this website, the other sites listed in our Links section, and our own publications, we make available information on proven generators of financial resources.
- Through one-on-one consulting, we help individual nonprofits achieve their financial capacity-building goals.
We have found that the first of these three formats is proving to be the most effective in rapidly achieving our mission. By training groups of nonprofit executives, intermediaries (e.g. associations of funders or nonprofits), and individual consultants we can achieve maximum impact with the greatest number of nonprofits.
We have had success in teaching and training using the following venues:
- A 90-minute basic training session where attendees are given an overview of the tool and processes and are directed to other sites and publications for additional help.
- A 4-hour session where attendees bring their own laptops with the matrix spreadsheet loaded and are assisted in working through the spreadsheet. Attendees leave this session with a start toward a new revenue model.
- A month-long training program (of one 3-4 hour session each week) in which attendees study in depth a range of revenue sources. On the days between the class sessions, attendees research their high-probability revenue streams. By the end of the last session, attendees leave with most of the work done on their new revenue model.
On our Client List page is a sampling of clients with whom we have worked in recent years.